Sunday, February 27, 2005

Random Thoughts

I was skating to Jimmy Johns yesterday and a thought struck me. If I stepped out into the lunch rush traffic... would anyone down here notice? Would anyone down here cry? Would any of my "friends" at SEMO bother making the three hour drive to be at my funeral? Something dark inside told me no.

Why does everyone assume that because I carry a longboard I'm from California? I'm not, I've only been there once and it was like 16 years ago.

Why is the following statement ironic? Here, I will set up the scenario for you: I was talking to DFord last nite about what I had done that day and said:

Me: I was playing guitar in the lobby and eventually ended up playing listening ear to my friend Dianne, who thinks her bf is cheating on her.

DF: how ironic

Me: How's that?

DF: Oh, I thought it was a band of you...that would be ironic.

I dont get it. Something tells me I should pursue the true meaning of his statement more, but something else tells me I don't want to and that it might be the death of me.

Last nite (well, this morning, actually) there was a MASSIVE water war on my floor. At like 3 in the morning. Basically it was Mike, Chinga, Zach, Alex, and I ad these three or four girls I had never seen before filling cups with freezing cold water and soaking each other down. Somewhere in the mix (this lasted about an hour or so) I got kissed. I don't know what the hell her name is or even why she did it, but it was no big deal. It was just a peck on the cheek. Still caught me off guard though. Then someone broke the emergency glass on the fire extinguisher case and a CA came up and everyone broke the hell out. Mike and Chinga got busted, they have to split a $600 bill...

Is it sad that that makes me think of Lisa? That night at her house when we were watching Donnie Darko and The Evil Dead that she always told me she just wanted to grab me and kiss me? Is there something the matter with me because I haven't let go yet?

I think I'm done now. Talk to everyone later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home