Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Stuff You Really All Should Check Out

I am without anything to do again this evening, with my laptop still acting up, so I decided to enlighten you all with some of me.

First off...I like comics. A lot. Comic books are the last of the creative, inventive art forms. If you don't agree with me, post a comment and I will blast you some time. Among my favorite comics are of course Spawn (seeing as how it almost single-handedly changed the medium), Alternation (a must read by anyone who enjoys Sci-Fi or history), Green Lantern, and Player V Player (or PvP). PvP is written by the gloriously talented Scott Kurtz and has a website he updates daily with a new strip here. The man is a genious in my opinion. Speaking of online comics, those happen to be at the top of my reading list, as they are free and I am a college student. Some amazing comics are online, like PvP, Sore Thumbs (Political Gaming Manga!), 8-Bit Theatre, and Dominic Deegan.

Next...Hobbies. I draw. A lot. I am currently working on the art for a comic book that my girlfriend Lisa is writing. It is entitled MidKnight. Yes the "K" is supposed to be capitalized. No I don't care if you don't like it. When I'm not drawing I like to play City of Heroes. I also skateboard. I ride a longboard by Gravityboards. Don't think longboarding is cool? Leave a comment...we'll talk.

The next of my hobbies in my opinion requires a paragraph of it's own. Dungeons and Dragons. I am a Herald Level GM with the RPGA and a monstrous DnD player. If you can name a character type chances are I've played it. I have played a member of every class and every base race, as well as most of the other races that are out there. When I have free time and a creative streak I create new characters should I ever need to use some.

Music. I listen to all kinds. Literally. Everything except new country and club music (I list most new rap stars under the club music heading). Most R&B gets on my nerves, too. At the top of my list is punk, ska, gangsta rap (ala Wu-Tang Clan and Cypress Hill), bluegrass (Iron Horse), and whatever the hell you list the Trans Siberian Orchestra as.

Family is important to me. More important to me than my family is my friends. And just slightly above them is Lisa, my girlfriend. We recently celebrated our one year anniversary as a couple, November 19th. There was awesome cake. It was an awesome night all around. Any night with her is awesome. Most without here (read tonight) suck. Unless I have friends I can hang with (Lake Trip) which makes it mostly better. But you can't spoon your friends.

I like Code Red. If you don't, OK fine, I just don't wanna hear about it. I'm gonna go watch some TV now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey it's rissa, i dont like code red. so poo on you!

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home